June 28, 2011

Music for the Soul



Ludovico Einaudi. Only one word- Wow.


One of the few classical composers who's work is famous while he is alive.


I discovered him only recently. Was sent a link by a friend a while ago, but don't remember it striking a chord with me. I looked him up after listening to the music 'I Giorni' on the Airtel 3G add, 'Endless Goodbye'. And after that, I couldn't stop listening.




My favourite I think is 'Nuvole Bianche'- utterly sublime. His style is known as a minimalistic approach to piano composing. Rightly so, because he uses variations of the same 4 chords throughout Nuvole Bianche.


I love how he has restricted the music to a combination of a maximum of 2 or 3 instruments. Really allows you absorb the uniqueness of the instrument, as apposed to 20 or 30 different ones in an orchestra.


I also downloaded sheet music. Another of my summer projects- learn them! :)


Listen to Primavera and Rainy Mood together. So awesome. 


Blog Post of someone who witnessed one of his concerts. I envy you, Meg! 

No comments: