August 19, 2011

Now is our time.





When I saw this for the first time, I was awed. Such beautiful words, so simply said, and then it ended with Levis, and I was like, 'Huh?' 


I read this to learn more about the campaign and this being one of them. Quite an step for a clothing brand.


But it's the poem by Charles Bukowski, 'The Laughing Heart' which made me stop and think. Like seriously. 


Your life is your life
don’t let it be clubbed into dank submission.
Be on the watch.
There are ways out.
There is a light somewhere.
It may not be much light but
it beats the darkness.
Be on the watch.
(The) God(s) will offer you chances.
Know them.
Take them.
You can’t beat death but
you can beat death in life, sometimes.
And the more often you learn to do it,
the more light there will be.
Your life is your life.
Know it while you have it.
You are marvelous
(the) God(s) wait to delight
in you.




No comments: