February 20, 2013

Reasons to Watch the Adverts

I listen to music while I work, but here I am writing blog posts about music. Distractions. Distractions! Sigh...

I don't watch a lot of TV. And the few times I actually decide to while away time watching TV, I end up flicking channels so much, that I probably watch more commercials than programmes. Yes, I'm one of those channel flickers!

Most commercials are easily classified into either 'absolutely ridiculous' or 'brilliant'. But I've found this other classification of 'Okay-ish decent ad, but superb soundtrack'. Sometimes when I need new music, I find them in adverts. 

I've picked out my top 8 (from what I can remember)

1. Nikon: Welcome Home, Radical Face 
Actually, I don't actually remember watching this on T.V. Probably on some website.



2. Sony Bravia: Heartbeats, Jose Gonzalez
They actually used 250,000 colourful bouncy balls on the streets of San Francisco. 


3. Airtel 3G: I Giorni, Ludivico Einaudi
Thank you Airtel for introducing me to the lovely pianist Einaudi.


4. DHL: Aint no Mountain High Enough- covered by Vula Malinga
 I sang along whenever the advert came, but sadly they always played the shortened 30 second version.



5. Windows 8: Everything at Once, Lenka
Such a catchy song. Got a tiny bit irritating because the ad was played way too often.



6. Hyundai i30: Best Days of my Life, American Authors
Saw this online too. Such a short part of the song here, but listen to the whole thing. Nice song.


7. Lufthansa: Little Numbers, Boy
I saw this on a Youtube advert. It was better than the song I actually wanted to listen to. :)


8. Samsung Galaxy Camera: Reborn, Klak Tiki
The most recent one. Such a beautiful song. The reason why I thought of blogging about this. I don't change channels when this ad comes on.



There are probably many more nice ones out there. Do share your favourites.


2 comments:

joel said...

Another version of the Nikon Ad for ya... :)
http://youtu.be/Ko3R6XW9WMI

Actually funnily enough, I only read the text when I first saw this article. Then today I happened to see the ad and I thought I'd share my discovery... only to see it was already on the list. :/

Tanisha Christo said...

Thanks. I didn't realise that they still use this song in their ads.

Keep your eye out for more.