July 25, 2011

Small Joys



A few years ago, I uploaded some of my poems (I think it was my Dad who told me about such sites) onto a few sites for writers and poets. Just a few of them, that I thought stood out slightly out of all my poems. I posted three that I wrote when I was in 11th and 12th- they're here on the blog too.

Today I was trying to remember which sites I had posted them onto, having not opened them since I posted the poems. I opened up my profile on PoemHunter and had comments that I never saw. Aren't these kind of sites supposed to send me emails when I get comments? 

Then I opened up my profile on VoicesNet- more comments and rates and lots of views over the past few years. 3 people even shared it on Facebook. Where? When?

Then I found something even better. The month I uploaded 'Reason for Writing', it was given 2nd place in the July 2009 Monthly VoicesNet.com Writers Contest- Read here. Yay! I am so excited, even though it's been two years since I posted it and 5 years since I wrote it.

I can't remember if I've put poems on any other site. But this is enough excitement for now. 

:) I think I am inspired to write poems again.

No comments: